For 4 people:
– From the vegetable oil 4 chicken thighs (or chicken)
– 1 onion cut into rings
– 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon
– 1 sprig of parsley
– 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
– 1 pepper cut in strips (optional)
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 cloves Caribbean Pepper (habanero)
– Salt and pepper to taste
Wash the chicken with lime and a little hot water and then marinate overnight in a marinade Haitian Place chicken in its marinade to boil, adding a little water if necessary for about 15 20 minutes then remove the chicken pieces. Keep the cooking water. From here you have two choices:
Choice 1 (most authentic)
– Add a little oil in your pan tomato paste spoon and brown the chicken pieces to your taste.
– Sprinkle with thyme then add the pepper strips the onion 2 minutes and melt gradually pour cooking water (it should just cover the chicken add a little water if necessary) Wear to boil.
– Add the remaining ingredients and leave to reduce 5-10 minutes.Lorsque is close sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Choice 2 (For those who love fried chicken)
Fry the chicken pieces. Prepare the sauce separately with the cooking water, adding the tomato paste and the remaining ingredients and allow to reduce a little. NB: The habanero is very strong If we are not accustomed better not break it.