For 4 people:
– 1 kg of conch
– 3 limes
– 3 cloves garlic
– 3 good red tomatoes
– 2 onions
– 1 pepper
– 3 tablespoons oil Salt, pepper.
1. Clean and cut into pieces the conch, marinate for 2 hours in half the lemon juice with salt and a clove of garlic.
2. fry in oil, tomatoes and sliced onions for about 5 min. When the conch is well colored, add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and add 3 cups of water.
3. Simmer covered for 1 hour, adding water if necessary. At the end of cooking when the pieces of conch are tender add the remaining lemon and a piece of chilli.
4. Serve the casserole conch with red beans, rice or vegetables and Frito countries Plantain bananas. If you are in a hurry, cook the pieces of conch (to soften) to the pressure cooker in a spicy broth without salt for about 20 minutes.